Saturday, April 08, 2006

More from Texarkana and Michigan Visits




So, a little trouble posting pictures last time, sorry about that. Please see now the lovely pics of Texarkana and some from Michigan where I had a great time seeing friends and family, eating lots of good food and hanging out (also getting a little stressed about leaving, but that's typical). Highlights from Michigan: seeing Mim and Pip, playing a serious game of BINGO, seeing the new babies and connecting with friends and family from long ago and not-so-long ago.

I was really lucky to spend a few days with Mim and Pip--it had only been since Christmas but seemed like a long time. It was special to be able to catch up with them, hear them laugh and hear Mim wishing and praying for BINGO! Pip told me about going to Lowe's and buying supplies to fix up the garage/tool shed/hide out in the back and that he was planning to make a new bench. His sweet smile and hearty laugh made me believe he would be out there this spring getting things in order and making his way outback each day to think up new projects (and take his beloved scooter out for a spin). I cherish the few days I had with him, slept on the couch (as BINGO downriver goes on late!), saw him in the morning and one more day and then a week later he passed away. He lived a long and full 90 years--I'm lucky to have been with him just a week before...I think a lot of you met him and know what a sweet, caring man he was and how much he loved and cared for his family. I think Matt can attest to that at Christmas when he got the introduction: "You take care of my girl or else I'll call my boys up down at the KofC hall..." He was serious! He's in a better place now, but we miss him so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home